Since we started Apolis we have believed that the most valuable practice in creating lasting change is by investing in people. As a result of consistent growth, Apolis is looking to hire. If there isn't a fit for you now please keep checking this page for any future suitable positions A complete Company and Job Profile will be made available to qualified candidates. If you meet the basic requirements below, please send a cover letter & resume: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Compensation: Competitive Hourly Wage, TBD
Location(s): Apolis: Common Gallery (Los Angeles, CA) and new Apolis: Community Centre (Soho, NY)
Position Type: Part-time in LA, approx. 20+ hours/week || Full-time in NY, approx. 40+ hours/week (Available: 7 days a week)
- 2-3 years working in similar retail role in menswear industry, fashion experience preferable
- Strong business mind with a keen attention to detail
- Experience being self-motivated and organized
- 1-2 years experience of made-to-measure menswear tailoring experience for suiting and shirting — is a plus.
- High level of expertise in computers, web, and inventory management (Google Apps, Shopify POS or similar, website management backend, Apple platforms)
- Disciplined, with a hands-on attitude of cost effective resourcefulness
Responsibilities will include:
- Facilitates in store merchandising calendar and execution in coordination with seasonal product releases.
- Facilitates planning and execution of seasonal in store events, and presentations
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services, maintaining inventories
Other Relevant Characteristics
- Willingness to take ownership in shop organization
- Experienced with being a key-holder, opening and closing a workplace
- Personal sense of style and intuitive vision for merchandising
- Family-oriented with an ethical standard founded on trust and loyalty
- Well-versed in the concept of social entrepreneurship, international development, and company mission
We have always felt that internships are the best opportunity to be fully immersed in the day-to-day life of our company while allowing individuals to share their own skills with a small business. We have been lucky to have had some incredible interns from all over the world with diverse life experiences and backgrounds including fashion, international studies & nonprofit development. We are looking for qualified, committed individuals throughout the year so please send your resume and cover letter at any time to email@example.com .
Salary: Unpaid, will include travel stipend and product allowance
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Full-Time/Part-Time (3 month term)
- Organized, punctual, self motivated
- Goal-oriented team player
- Working knowledge of computers, social media and website usability
- Understands and supports our commitment to advocacy through industry
- Strong cultural awareness and knowledge of current events
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar)
- Can provide own laptop computer